The Tale of Two Kitchens

In late May we put our home of 23 years on the market. It sold 13 hours later. Thrilled with the quick sale we were then faced with finding a place to rent while our new home is being built. It was not an easy task but with the help of a friend we found a lovely place in an over-55 neighborhood.  It is much smaller than our old house, has limited yard, with all of the yard maintenance done for you, no room for the hubby to 'putter', and leash restritions, making it not as ideal as we would like, but we can make it work for 6 or 8 months.

A challenge that I have is the lack of kitchen space. Yes, I know the kitchen in not meant to be large in these homes and perhaps the other residents don't like to be in the kitchen like I do, but seriously, there is such limited usable counter space I am constantly having to move things around to  complete a task. I miss my old kitchen!!


Despite the size challenge I have been dishing up some pretty yummy meals. I have been trying new recipes, since there is little to do here except walk the beagles and cook. I look forward to sharing them with you.

Did I say I miss my kitchen?



Comments