Friday already? TIme For Pizza



It's Friday so that means pizza night!  No real planning needed. Pizza sauce is always in the freezer, fresh moz in the fridge, and left over proteins from the week find their way on the pizza as well. I couldn't ask for anything more simple.

Several years ago I got a dough recipe that I have used. It was given to my by my dear friend, and fellow personal chef, Patti Anastasia who lives in New Hampshire. It is a no fail recipe and my pizza came out perfect every time. Here is the link to a previous post with the recipe.  Patti's Pizza Dough Recipe. Last year my DH and I were visiting his brother and wife. Friday is pizza night in their house too. She shared her recipe and I like it too. Here's Mary B's recipe. 

Basic Pizza Dough
Yields one 14" or two-9" crusts

1 package dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 plus 2 tablespoons warm water (105-120F)
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (Mary B uses King Arthur Bread Flour) 
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil

Stir yeast and sugar into water and let stand for 5 minutes. 

Place flour and salt in food processor bowl. Pulse the mix a couple of times to mix the flour and salt. While running, slowly add the water/yeast mixture. Once it begins to form a ball add the olive oil. Process for two or three minutes or until the dough had made a 'ball'. Remove from processor bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and let rise for about an hour.  

When ready to use, I roll the dough on a sheet of lightly oil sprayed parchment paper. Once rolled to the thickness desired I will use a fork and 'score' the dough. This will help to keep bubbles from popping us when it is blind baked.  Place the undressed dough and parchment on your hot pizza stone for 5 minutes. Remove dough and parchment paper from oven. Dress pizza with sauce and toppings. Place pizza only back on pizza stone and continue to bake about 10 more minutes. I rotate my pizza a couple of times while it is cooking so the crust is evenly baked and browned.

I'd love to hear what some of your favorite toppings are. Drop them in a comment to me.

Enjoy








 






Comments