Birthdays and Red Velvet Cake

Last Monday was the hubby's birthday (the son, Jack's birthday was the day before) so I decided that I would make a Red Velvet Cake to mark the occasion. Here is where I post the disclaimer...cakes that require icing, other than sheet cakes, are almost guaranteed to not resemble a cake when I am finished with them. My grandmother, mother, and favorite aunt were great cake bakers and icers, but unfortunately I did not inherit that gene!

I used a recipe that was from a Viking Class I taught. You might be wondering how I taught a class about cakes and can't ice them worth a flip. Easy, I didn't have to ice the cakes, the students did! I only had to talk them  through it and believe me I'm good at that!

Here's what the recipe looks like when I teach a class. I make lots of notes and highlight stuff. There is a second page to it, but I won't bore you with it.

I gathered all of my ingredients.


And went to work. I bundled all of the inbetween pictures together to speed things along.


And wahlah, the finished product.


See what I mean? I just can't ice a cake! Oh well, it tasted great and that's all that mattered!

Happy Birthday, Reg!

Oh, and I am more that happy to share the recipe. Just drop me a line.


Comments

  1. Well Lana I wouldn't mind have a a couple of slices of this cake either way lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment