Grand Teton Granola Bars

I love granola bars and so does my hubby. I pack his lunch everyday...yes everyday...and always include a granola or breakfast bar of some type so a morning snack. I throw one in my bag when I'm out running errands or cooking for a client. I don't eat much when I'm cooking and a granola bar and a glass of water keep me going. Unfortunately some granola bars are high in things I don't need so I am always looking for a great recipe.

In the May edition of food network magazine, one of the articles featured recipes from park rangers from many of our national parks. The recipes range from clusters to mixes and bars. They all sound great but I really like bars so when I saw the Peanut-Raisin Granola Bar recipe I knew I had to try it. It is super easy and the taste is incredible. I made it as stated with one minor adaption, which I note in the recipe.

My hubby says that this recipe is a keeper and I agree. the next time I make them I think I'll add some chocolate to it and see how it comes out.



Peanut - Raisin Granola Bars
Makes about 48 bars

Cooking spray
2 1/2 cups rolled or quick-cooking oats
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOTE: I used fat free and it worked fine.)
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 15x10" rimmed baking sheet (jelly-roll pan) with foil and coat with cooking spray.

2. Mix the oats, peanuts, raisins, seeds, cinnamon, condensed milk, and butter in a bowl. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake until golden, about 45 minutes.



                                                                                                                                                                      
3. Cool slightly, then lift off the baking sheet using the foil and invert onto a cutting board. Peel off foil and cut
into bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.





Source: food network magazine


Comments

  1. I make my hubby lunch almost every workday too and can't wait to try these! Your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment