The Challenge Continues

My pantry challenge is in it's third week and I am beginning to see some empty spaces in my pantry and freezer.  It has been fun to through caution to the wind (a recipes too) and see what ends up on the plate. 

I am part a group of personal chefs on Facebook and we have been posting pictures of what we have been creating.  It has been such a blast!  I look forward each morning to seeing the latest installments.  I have gotten some great ideas, and isn't that what it's all about anyway? 

Here's what we've had so far this week.

Pantry Polo a la Lana



Fish Tacos



Caramelized sweet onions and Dijon glazed pork loin



Tonight we are having Crockpot Burritos.  This is a dish that a military friend gave me many years ago.  Actually there really isn't a recipe, just a few ingredients.

Put brisket, London broil or lean roast in Crockpot. Place whole green chilies (from a can) on top of roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Shred meat and serve in warm flour tortillas. 

That's it!  How much more simpler can it get?

Of course you can add seasonings to the meat while it cooks.  I add a couple of generous tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning.  And certainly it can be dressed up with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and avocado when it's served. 

Anita Kellaway, thank you! 





Comments